Do you Need a US Money Transfer License if You’re Licensed Elsewhere?

Yes, you do. If you’re licensed outside US and pick up customers within the United States without a money transfer license, you’re violating a US law.

Yes, that’s right. The US government makes no distinction between money transfer operating within the country and money transfer companies licensed outside the US, but picking up US customers.

According to FinCEN, companies licensed outside the US but picking up US customers will be classified as money services business. Thus, they would be required to obtain a money transfer license in the United States.

For more detailed information, watch this video: